Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Blessed with wonderful friends!

This past weekend couldn't have been more perfect. So many of our friends came in town and 4 of my closest friends threw us the most amazing shower! They went over and beyond on everything and everyone had a blast! We got some wonderful gifts and felt so blessed to have so many great friends there.

With the wonderful hostesses!
Just the two of us...or should I say 3?
With Michael's cousin, Allison, her husband Heath and
their 3-month-old Hayes (Max's future best friend)


Such a fun game...diaper relay race.

I totally kicked his butt...twice!

Lucas and Kyle, neck in neck...There was so much
excitement Ava didn't know what to do with herself!

Adorable blanket and bib from Michael's grandmother.



Michael's Baylor lacrosse coach had a onesie made with
Michael's lacrosse number on it...too cute!

Not only did the hostesses throw an amazing shower, but
they gave us this basket full of all kinds of goodies!
We had a doctor's appointment yesterday and everything went great. We will have another sonogram at our 36 week appointment, so of course I am looking forward to that. I have been a little under the weather over the past week and all of the excitement over the weekend put me over the edge...I had a full blown, horrible cough by Sunday. However, I am feeling much better now, especially after getting 11 hours of sleep last night.

The new thing this past week or so has been hiccups. Max seems to get them at least twice a day. He is moving a lot. Something tells me he's going to be a very active and strong baby. Braxton Hicks contractions are in full force and I get them several times a day. My belly button has officially popped and no matter how I try to cover it up it pokes out!

We are now in the home stretch...only 8 weeks left! Gosh, that's hard to believe. We have put together a list of all the things we need to get done before Max arrives and it seems to be growing rapidly. Luckily we've gotten most of the necessities taken care of, but just have a few more things like carseat and some other smaller things that we're probably going to end up biting the bullet and buying pretty soon. Other than that we're just trying to get organized and prepared. I am the type of person who will prepare to get prepared, but it never fails, I will not end up being prepared. I am trying to be realistic about everything and accept that there will be some things that I'll just have to go with the flow on.

Our maternity pictures turned out great and you can check out a preview on our photographer's blog if you would like. http://family.knotsandtotsphotography.com/2011/10/18/cedar-park-maternity-portraits-wendy-and-michael/

No comments:

Post a Comment