Tuesday, November 22, 2011

T minus 1 month...and counting.

Only 4 weeks left! I cannot believe it. On one hand it seems like these last 8 months have flown, but at the same time 8 months ago seems like a lifetime ago. We are definitely in the homestretch and tying up as many loose ends as possible. We've been back to the doctor for a couple of uneventful appointments but today we had one with an ultrasound! They weren't able to get any great pictures, we know that he has the cutest chubby cheeks and his current weight estimate is about 6 lbs 8 ounces (slightly larger than average, but just an estimate).

So much has happened in the last month. On Halloween weekend Michael went to New York to visit a good friend and one of their other friends met them there. They dressed up as the Top Gun crew and had a blast. The same weekend I had a girls' weekend in Dallas with 2 of my best friends. Our weekend was a little more relaxed consisting of brunch, shopping and "Painting with a Twist" (except mine was without the twist). That Monday we carved a pumpkin, dressed Ava up in her Chicken costume and passed out candy to trick-or-treaters.


The next weekend we went to Baylor's Homecoming and Michael played in the Alumni Lacrosse game. I love watching him play just about as much as he loves to play, and those opportunities seem to be getting fewer and farther between. We tailgated before the game and then had a blast watching Baylor beat Mizzou! We've decided that Max is a good luck charm since both games we've been to we won!

Weekend before last we went to The Woodlands to see Michael's family for an early Thanksgiving. It was a nice, relaxing weekend and so great to see his family. His mom is an amazing cook and made the best Thanksgiving dinner you could imagine. And only in Texas can you have thanksgiving dinner poolside in a t-shirt and shorts.

This past weekend Michael and I celebrated our 5 month anniversary with a great dinner at French Quarter Grill here in Austin. We spent the day Saturday cleaning our cars and Sunday my parents came into town to help us out with the nursery. It is pretty much finished now with the exception of hanging things on the wall. But at least we know we are ready for Max to be here whenever that may be.

It's hard to believe that we'll finally get to meet Max in the next few weeks, and we are so excited to see what he looks like and most of all to know that he is healthy. I thought I would get more nervous as the time nears, but I am really just getting more excited and almost more at ease. In the past couple of weeks even it seems so much more real. I do however keep having a recurring dream that I forget to feed him for days. I know it's insane and I know it won't happen, but I think it's just me worrying about being a good mom. I don't doubt that I will be, but my type A personality is having a hard time accepting not being able to plan for everything. Luckily we took a childbirth class that has really helped us feel more prepared. You can read all the books in the world, but a class like this is definitely worth it!

With Thanksgiving coming up I am realizing just how much I have now more than ever to be thankful for. I am so blessed.

 11.10.11 34.5 Weeks
11.22.11 36 Weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment