Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails!!!

That's right we found out a couple of weeks ago that we are having a BOY! Needless to say we are ecstatic. Things have become incredibly real since we found out and we can now say "him" or "he" instead of "it." We're also able to plan more now, which is really fun for me!

Ever since we found out I've been creating our registries and shopping online for nursery furniture, crib bedding and all that fun stuff. Michael thinks I have a problem because of how much time I've spent on this, and he is partially right considering I am the most indecisive person in the entire world and a perfectionist on top of that. I wish it was easy as registering for wedding stuff (now that was fun), but you have to read reviews and figure out what all you really need...which just so happens to be a ton of stuff. I'm slightly concerned on where in our house we are going to fit a baby and all the stuff it comes with, just kidding!

Our favorite sonogram picture at 12 weeks. Sic 'em Bears!!!

19 weeks. Looking at the straight at us with his arms up by his face and knees up to his chest. 

I've still been feeling good, with the exception of a bad week that started the day we went to the doctor, but I can't complain because I know what I've experienced has been mild compared to other pregnancies.  I still haven't gained too much weight (about 8 lbs) but feel huge already...this is going to be fun to come to terms with.

21 weeks. Over half way there!

Michael and I go for a long walk with Ava in our neighborhood at least 3 nights a week.  It is probably my favorite time of the day.  The deer are out so much right now and coming into the neighborhood a lot probably to get water. They're fun to watch and Ava would love to get a chance to chase one. We've been spending our weekends being productive and getting things done around the house. I am in full bore nesting mode. I know I have plenty of time, but I also know it is going to go by so fast. I was already the type of person who liked to be organized and have everything planned out, and now it's just becoming a slight obsession. 

We got the chance to go to Dallas weekend before last and see Michael's cousin's new baby, Hayes. He is absolutely adorable and it made me even more excited for our little one! It is so nice to have Michael's cousin and one of my good friends who is about to have her baby any day going through this before me and with me.    Not only will our children be so close in age, but I have some great people to learn from and ask all kinds of questions...and I have a lot! 

1 comment:

  1. enjoy your pregnancy! it goes by so quickly and is such a sweet and exciting time...take time to relax NOW. Once your sweet baby gets here you'll be busier than ever!

    ReplyDelete