Tuesday, August 30, 2011

24.

Yesterday we celebrated Michael's 24th birthday...well actually we've been celebrating from the minute he got home from work on Friday with cupcakes...he was just a little bit anxious. After several attempts, Michael finally convinced me to give him his birthday present on Friday (I can only imagine what he was like growing up on the days before Christmas). I think I did good though...he seemed a little excited about his new Garmin GPS watch when he got up on a Saturday morning to go for a run to "test it out." He probably would have gone that night if we hadn't stuffed ourselves at Chuy's with great Tex-Mex and the biggest piece of Tres Leches I have ever seen (and yes, we finished it).

We spent Saturday at one of his favorite places on earth, Cabela's. If you are unfamiliar with  Cabela's, it's basically an outdoors-man's dream store filled with anything that has to do with hunting, fishing, camping or outdoors in general. In Michael's words, "it's pretty aggressive." I think we may have walked down every isle in the store...ok, that may be an exaggeration but we definitely hit every section. Later that night we got together for dinner and drinks (minus the drinks for me) with a couple of his good friends from high school and ended up at a sports bar where we played Darts and Washers for the rest of the night. We had a blast with them...I wish I had taken some pictures! Yesterday we went out for a nice dinner at one of our favorite Austin places, North by Northwest and finished the evening with a nice walk and Michael's favorite TV show, Bachelor Pad. Haha, just kidding...kind of.

Yesterday also marked my 24th week! Time is really flying now and my belly seems to be growing rapidly! Buttoning any pair of regular pants is pretty much out of the question these days. We had an appointment last week and everything looked great. Baby Magee even gave the doc a big 'ole kick right on the doppler wand as we were listening to his heartbeat. The kicks are starting to get pretty intense since his bones are more developed and sometimes I can feel exactly where he is in my stomach. It takes on some pretty weird shapes as he moves around.


These were both taken in the last week...the first one is a little deceiving, the second one is a few days later and more accurate of how big the bump really is now. Michael laughs at me, but I pretty much take advantage of any time I make the effort to get semi-dressed up and ask him to take a picture of me. The number of pictures he has to take for me to find one that I actually like seems to be increasing with my weight...ha!




No comments:

Post a Comment