Thursday, April 19, 2012

A Year Ago Today...

If you had told me a year and one day ago that I would be a mother today, I would have laughed at you and probably bet you an obscene amount of money that it wouldn't happen. In a way it seems like just yesterday, but at the same time so much has happened in the past year that it seems like a life time ago. Finding out I was pregnant took all of our plans and threw them straight out the window. God laughed at our plans and said "I'll show you!" Proof that He does know best.

Today I couldn't feel more blessed to be married to the most amazing guy and be the mother to the most perfect baby boy in the world. A year ago, I have to admit that I was scared out of my mind. I didn't know anything about babies and I definitely was worried about what people would think. Since then I have morphed into this new person that I never knew was inside of me...and I realized that the people who matter love me regardless. I tried to learn as much as I could about babies before Max arrived, but as much as I tried to prepare it didn't really matter because the instincts clicked in when he was born.

It's funny how your perspective changes so much over the course of a year, especially when you become a mom. What seemed like the most terrifying day a year ago has turned out to be the biggest blessing I have ever received and the day that my life changed in such an incredible way!

No comments:

Post a Comment